Issues on Business Security
As inter-connectivity in today’s marketplace develops, more and more businesses are relying on the internet and other network technologies for business functions. Small business are now able to compete more effectively with larger companies by expanding their geographical scope through internet use. Unfortunately, a connection to the internet especially a broadband connection that is always on, introduces security threats to small businesses.
The reality is that for most organizations, their own employees, including the extended enterprise (contractors, partners), are the greatest security weakness and most common source of security breaches. Fortunately, Innovo Networks has ways to mitigate the risks.
Current threats to businesses
- Mobile Devices (BYOD)
BYOD (bring your own device) is the increasing trend toward employee-owned devices within a business. Smartphones are the most common example but employees also take their own tablets, laptops and USB drives into the workplace. Data theft is at high vulnerability when employees are using mobile devices (particularly their own) to share data, access company information, or neglect to change mobile passwords.
2. Advanced Persistent Threat
An advanced persistent threat (APT) uses multiple phases to break into a network, avoid detection, and harvest valuable information over the long term.
3. Third-party Service Providers
As technology becomes more specialized and complex, companies are relying more on outsourcers and vendors to support and maintain systems. However, these third-parties typically use remote access tools to connect to the company’s network, but don’t always follow security best practices.
Action Plans to threats in business and cloud security
- Azure provides backup and data archiving with backup-as-a-service and hybrid storage solutions that easily restore data and applications from the cloud.
- Unauthorized consumer apps and devices continue to creep into the workplace, IT should look to hybrid and private clouds for mitigating potential risks brought on by this trend.
- To protect against online threats, Azure offers Microsoft Anti-malware for cloud services and virtual machines. Microsoft also employs intrusion detection, denial-of-service attack prevention, regular penetration testing, and data analytics and machine learning tools to help mitigate threats to the Azure platform.
- Veeam protects your enterprise with cloud-based disaster recovery and offsite backup.
- Innovo Networks uses data level cloud encryption to protect sensitive information.
- Innovo Networks provides managed IT services to address each stage of the technology life cycle, from strategy and design, to implementation and management. Regardless of where your business sits on that spectrum, our managed service consultants offer the specialized experience necessary to make sure that your global IT, security, cloud, communications, mobility, and machine-to-machine needs are effectively met.